Our Graduate Opportunities
What are we looking for?
At XPS, we offer graduate opportunities in both our Pensions business and our Investment business.
- Have strong analytical and technical skills;
- Are great communicators and thrive in a collaborative working environment;
- Take a proactive approach and have a passion for delivering excellent client services;
- Are creative and show initiative in coming up with innovative solutions to real-world problems;
- Have a willingness to work towards actuarial and/or investment professional examinations.
To our clients, you’ll be seen as a valued consultant who can solve their problems and support their business success. Therefore as well as using your mathematical and analytical skills, you’ll need to be a real people person who can build a strong rapport with each client and develop a sound understanding of their unique needs and requirements.
As a graduate with the largest pure pensions consultancy in the UK, you’ll be exposed to a variety of work with a range of clients and won’t be constrained by hierarchies.
You won’t just be crunching the numbers, you’ll be delivering the advice and seeing it implemented. You’ll be doing detailed calculations and developing high-level checking systems. You’ll be utilising our industry-leading models and designing your own. You won’t just be working in one team, you’ll be working with a range of different people and different departments.
We think it is vital that you are able to balance the different demands in your life, so we offer flexible working options to ensure you can keep up the things you want to do outside work.
Our practices cover a broad range of consultancy services including:
- Actuarial consultancy
- Strategic benefit consulting
- Pensions consultancy
- Benefit communication
- Risk consultancy and broking
- Pension investment consultancy
- Asset class and manager research
- Asset transitions
- Financial market modelling
- Pension, legal and documentation
- Pension administration
- Insurance solutions
- Interim management solutions
And within XPS you’ll have the opportunity to take your career where you want it to go, be that in consultancy, client management, investment advice, corporate advice, systems support, people management or business development.
Who are we looking for?
You can apply for an actuarial graduate role in either our Investment or Pensions stream.
As well as meeting the mandatory academic requirements, you will also need to demonstrate the necessary personal qualities and attributes to perform a consulting role.
Applicants must have:
- A minimum of a 2:1 honours degree in any discipline, although ideally mathematics, economics or science-based subject
- An A grade (or higher) at A-Level (or equivalent qualification) in mathematics
In addition to these academic achievements, we are looking for independent self-starters who possess and can demonstrate the following key attributes:
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- A client-focused approach with the potential and desire to deliver excellent client service
- Well-developed communication skills, both orally and in writing, and suitable for a diverse range of people
- An ability to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team and an aptitude for working with people
- An eagerness to take on responsibility and an ability to manage multiple demands on your time
Do you meet the criteria? If so, head back to our careers page and search for 'Graduate' in the Job Title search bar to begin your application!
Our Pensions and Investment offices
- Belfast: Total office size 47; 24 Pensions Consulting staff
- Birmingham: Total office size 36; 15 Pensions Consulting & 4 Investment Consulting staff
- Edinburgh: Total office size 64; 31 Pensions Consulting & 3 Investment Consulting staff
- Guildford: Total office size 54; 45 Pensions Consulting & 6 Investment Consulting staff
- Leeds: Total office size 120; 62 Pensions Consulting & 20 Investment Consulting staff
- London: Total office size 74; 30 Pensions Consulting & 11 Investment Consulting staff
- Manchester: Total office size 17; 13 Pensions Consulting staff & 2 Investment Consulting staff
- Reading: Total office size 218; 70 Pensions Consulting & 14 Investment Consulting Staff
- Stirling: Total office size 81; 13 Pensions Consulting staff
- Wokingham: Total office size 191; 39 Pensions Consulting staff