Investments are the engine room for a pension scheme. A good strategy both helps to achieve the necessary investment returns and to manage the substantial risks that schemes face. We are here to help ensure that all members receive their promised pensions in full. As an investment consultant, you will play a vital role as a guardian of retirement incomes for 100,000s of members!
XPS Investment provides services to pension schemes of all different sizes, which requires our advice to be tailored to clients with different needs and opportunities. In joining XPS, you develop a broad experience of the industry, but with a focus on providing bespoke advice.
By being involved in this environment, you’ll get to use both quantitative and qualitative skillsets. You’ll get to work on a number of diverse tasks and have lots of opportunities to get involved in special interests, for example; working in different asset class research teams; developing in-house modelling tools; or helping to drive our views on how investments can help address Environment, Social and Governance issues.
There is a thriving technical element to working at XPS. We strive to be ahead of industry trends, constantly looking for technology to find solutions as to how we can improve the quality of the service provided to clients. The opportunity to get involved in developing and creating these solutions are open to all. Research and specialisation are key components to how the firm operates, with teams actively working on furthering our knowledge and constantly feeding back on industry developments and technical issues.
Find out more
Sarita Gosrani – Investment
We all dream about the ideal job that is both inspiring and making a difference - this means something different to everyone. For me, I’ve found that fulfilment here at XPS. where I am able to share my knowledge and enthusiasm for investments in a way that could make a real and positive difference to thousands of pension scheme members. I have been inspired and excited by the great people I work with that foster growth and opportunities and enable you to make a positive contribution.
XPS’s purpose is to shape and support pension schemes for the benefit of society. The Board and senior management leaders truly believe in the company and have some great ideas and experience. Their vision is clear, exciting and ambitious and creates opportunities for all of us to make a meaningful difference for our clients. I am involved in providing agile solutions that disrupt the traditional approach in the Pensions sector such as shaping our approach to Responsible Investing and helping our clients meet the new DWP requirements on environmental, social and governance considerations.
Those who know me, know how much I value our culture and values. XPS has a compassionate culture, ambitious but balanced with a commitment to excellence. The team is built with great people who embody these values that have been supportive and helpful from day one. This means I have been able to take control of my career and shape my journey to progress, grow and get involved in many different areas of the business.
So why should you consider working here? This company is growing and continuously striving to be better thereby by providing numerous opportunities for its people. We have a great culture shaped by the people and a working environment that is modern and welcoming. We treat each other with respect and integrity, whilst making things happen. We work together in winning teams –being genuine, professional and having fun.
Some quotes from our recent graduates about what they like most about XPS Investment:
“No two days are the same; there’s a great variety of work.”
“Really exciting company with lots of change and growth happening.”
“I particularly like the ability to quickly gain responsibility and be involved with big client teams.”
“It was important to me that my values would align with companies and XPS makes very clear what it stands for.”
“Having a good working environment where I feel I am supported and encouraged to thrive is extremely important.”
“The role is incredibly diverse. I am doing considerably more varied tasks than friends working at other firms.”
XPS is a really exciting company with lots of change and growth happening.
- You’ll get to work towards the CFA or IFoA exams and receive lots of support towards your qualifications. As well as financial support and time off, you’ll have a study mentor and an informal support network.
- You get a chance to work alongside people who care; care about their clients, their work and your development; helping you to grow and gain investment experience and share their wealth of knowledge.
- Each office has a distinct but friendly feel, surrounded by interesting people who create an enjoyable office environment.
- An active social life is very important, there are social clubs, team socials, various sports teams, more informally at the individual office level. This is particularly important for people who are relocating for their role.
- We are small enough that you get to know everyone but is still the biggest UK pensions focused consultancy.
We offer opportunities for graduates to join us in the following locations (check out our location map for further information):
As well as meeting the mandatory academic requirements, you will also need to demonstrate the necessary personal qualities and attributes to perform an investment consulting role.
Applicants must have:
- A minimum of a 2:1 honours degree in any discipline, although ideally a mathematics, economics or science-based subject
- An A grade (or higher) at A-Level (or equivalent qualification) in mathematics
In addition to these academic achievements, we are looking for independent self-starters who possess and can demonstrate the following key attributes:
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- A client-focused approach with the potential and desire to deliver excellent client service
- Well-developed communication skills, both orally and in writing, and suitable for a diverse range of people
- An ability to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team and an aptitude for working with people
- An eagerness to take on responsibility and an ability to manage multiple demands on your time.
Do you meet the criteria? If so, head back to our careers page and begin your application!