Find out what to expect and when to apply
The application process will take you through a number of steps from submitting your application form to telephone and face-to-face interviews. Knowing what to expect and how to prepare can help you through the process.
Below you will find an overview of our Application Process as well as Hints and Tips on each stage. If you have any questions, please contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org.
We do not currently have any graduate or intern opportunities.
- Give yourself plenty of time to complete the application and prepare your answers. We don’t anticipate that it should take you longer than an hour but note you can save your application form and return to it at any time before the application deadline to complete it.
- Double-check your spelling and grammar and try to avoid jargon or ‘text’ speak. We pride ourselves on providing a professional service to our clients – quality and attention to detail are extremely important to us.
- Tailor your application to us. We’re really passionate about working at XPS and want to employ people who believe in our business as much as we do.
- When answering competency questions, remember to personalise them and bring out what you personally did in that situation. If you talk in generic terms such as “we did this”, we won’t get to find out about you and the contribution you could make to XPS.
- Make sure you are in a quiet place to receive the call, ideally on a landline.
- Be prepared – have your application form and CV to hand so you can refer to them if necessary, and make sure you’ve thought about what you want to get out of the interview personal.
- Also, have some questions for your interviewer!
- Remember that help and guidance are available from your University Careers Team, your University peers or the XPS Graduate Recruitment Team – although we won’t be able to divulge exact details of the exercises prior to the day!
- We appreciate an Assessment Day or face-to-face interview with a small panel can be daunting. Remember to be yourself on the day and have fun!
- This is a two-way process – it is an opportunity for us to find out all about you, but also for you to decide if we are the right company for you.