- We are an ambitious business. We want to grow and thrive and be absolutely the best place for our people to work. We have scale and depth of experience and want to be at the cutting edge of helping our clients and pension scheme members.
- One of the best things about working at XPS is our brilliant people! Everyone has a really clear purpose and there is always someone available to support you and answer your questions. We are small enough to provide an innovative and supportive atmosphere while at the same time offering the benefits associated with a large company. As a growing and evolving organisation, there is a lot of opportunity for the graduates we employ to get involved in a wide variety of work from day one.
- Our work is challenging but always rewarding. But it’s not all about work! It’s very simple to us – happy, motivated people will provide great service to our clients and having a good work-life balance makes people happy!
- Yes, we work hard but we also know how to have fun. Our local sports and social teams regularly organise events such as quiz nights, go-karting, wine tasting and cocktail making events, trips to the races and tickets to local events at discounted rates. And don’t forget the summer and Christmas parties too! Join us and find out for yourself!
The industry has become more dynamic, and we are looking to recruit graduates with the ability to deliver excellent services to our clients. In addition to strong analytical skills, successful candidates will have excellent communication and organisation skills plus the capability to “think outside the box” in delivering solutions for our clients. It is also imperative that the candidate works well with others as part of a team. Working together is something we pride ourselves on at XPS and each office has an atmosphere where everyone is willing to help and offer their advice and support.
We will state the offices we are looking to recruit for on the individual adverts.
Yes, certainly! We have a number of actuaries that joined XPS after spending some years after university in the workplace or in further education. We are often able to offer such graduates an earlier start date rather than them having to wait until the following autumn to start. This is, of course, dependent on graduates’ current work circumstances and the exact start date can be decided once the offer of a role has been made.
We have vacancies across the Company, and encourage applications from candidates with different levels of experience, academic and professional backgrounds.
Yes, of course! We accept applications from candidates outside the UK; however, you must list your qualifications correctly on the application form in order for the Recruitment Team to work out the equivalent UK grades/exams.
Please note that we hold a sponsor licence for individuals to join us from outside of the UK in our Actuarial Practice for those already working in an actuarial environment only. Therefore, if you are applying for a role in any other business area you will be required to provide proof that you are entitled to work in the UK. Further information is available at https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/right-to-work-checklist.
Yes, you can! As long as you have proof of extenuating circumstances, such as a doctor’s note or letter from a tutor, you can forward this to the Recruitment Team at [email protected]. This will then go alongside your application as it is reviewed.
No. We only have UK-based offices.
Our graduate intake occurs annually, and our apprenticeship intake runs up to three times a year (depending on business area). Occasionally, we run an off-cycle process if office requirements demand it. Make sure you keep an eye on our current vacancies page for any opportunities that arise.
We do offer placement or internship opportunities from time to time. If you are interested in this opportunity contact [email protected] for further information.
Our assessments and interviews test the relevant skills we are looking for through various exercises. It is a challenging but rewarding process, and candidates leave with a good understanding of what working for XPS would be like.
For additional information, please look at the application process on this site.
The process will start during autumn 2022.
Please note that we hold a sponsor licence for individuals to join us from outside of the UK except for within our Actuarial Practice for those already working in an actuarial environment only. Therefore, if you are applying for a role in any other business area you will be required to provide proof that you are entitled to work in the UK by the time your employment commences. Further information is available at https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/right-to-work-checklist.
At XPS we are proud of how we support each other, as well as our clients, with our fantastic corporate functions teams. For an exciting and varied career at the heart of the business, perhaps one of the following areas could be for you:
- Human Resources
- IT – supporting our teams on our in-house helpdesk, IT security or IT infrastructure
- Risk and Assurance
- Legal and Compliance
- Employee Engagement.
- Facilities Management and Procurement
- Office support teams
As well as the multi-choice drop-down questions, we have a few long answer questions that we would like you to answer in 250 words or fewer. We aren’t looking for a dissertation length answer!
Unfortunately not. There is an online application form, which you will need to complete.
Please check out our current live roles and apply here.
Simply email [email protected] and one of the team will respond to your query as soon as possible.