Find out what to expect and when to apply
The application process will take you through a number of steps from submitting your application form to an interview. Knowing what to expect and how to prepare can help you through the process.
Below you will find an overview of our Application Process as well as Hints and Tips on each stage. If you have any questions, please contact us via email@example.com.
- Give yourself plenty of time to complete the application and prepare your answers. We don’t anticipate that it should take you longer than an hour but note you can save your application form and return to it at any time before the application deadline to complete it.
- Double-check your spelling and grammar and try to avoid jargon or ‘text’ speak. We pride ourselves on providing a professional service to our clients – quality and attention to detail are extremely important to us.
- Tailor your application to us. We’re really passionate about working at XPS and want to employ people who believe in our business as much as we do.
- Remember that help and guidance are available from your University Careers Team, your University peers or the XPS Recruitment Team – although we won’t be able to divulge exact details of the exercises prior to the day!
- We appreciate an interview can be daunting. Remember to be yourself on the day and have fun!
- This is a two-way process – it is an opportunity for us to find out all about you, but also for you to decide if we are the right company for you.
- Assessments this year will be conducted remotely via Zoom. Ensure you have the technology set up and it’s in good working order.
- Look into the camera while speaking.
- Choose a professional background.
- Find a brightly lit room.
- Pick a quiet space.
- Silence your phone.
- Maintain your focus.
- Turn off notifications.
- Use a laptop or computer.
- Charge your laptop.
- Find a good internet connection.
- Communicate with your household.
- Wear professional attire.
- Keep your screen clear.
- Practice using Zoom.
- Use appropriate body language.