- We are an ambitious business. We want to grow and thrive and be absolutely the best place for our people to work. We have scale and depth of experience and want to be at the cutting edge of helping our clients and members.
- One of the best things about working at XPS is our brilliant people! Everyone has a really clear purpose and there is always someone available to support you and answer your questions. We are small enough to provide an innovative and supportive atmosphere while at the same time offering the benefits associated with a large company. As a growing and evolving organisation, there is a lot of opportunity for the graduates we employ to get involved in a wide variety of work from day one.
- Our work is challenging but always rewarding. But it’s not all about work! It’s very simple to us – happy, motivated people will provide great service to our clients and having a good work-life balance makes people happy!
- Yes, we work hard but we also know how to have fun. Our local sports and social teams regularly organise events such as quiz nights, go-karting, wine tasting and cocktail making events, trips to the races and tickets to local events at discounted rates. And don’t forget the summer and Christmas parties too! Join us and find out for yourself!
- The industry has become more dynamic, and we are looking to recruit graduates with the ability to deliver excellent services to our clients. In addition to strong analytical skills, successful candidates will have excellent communication and organisation skills plus the capability to ‘think outside the box’ in delivering solutions for our clients. It is also imperative that the candidate works well with others as part of a team. Working together is something we pride ourselves on at XPS and each office has an atmosphere where everyone is willing to help and offer their advice and support.
- In terms of academic success, we are looking for candidates who have a minimum of a 2:1 honours degree in any discipline, although ideally a maths, economics or science-based subject, as well as having an A grade at A-Level (or equivalent qualification) in Mathematics.
For the 2020 intake, we will confirm in mid/late September which offices are looking to take one or more graduates.
Yes, certainly! We have a number of actuaries that joined XPS after spending some years after university in the workplace or in further education. We are often able to offer such graduates an earlier start date rather than them having to wait until the following autumn to start. This is, of course, dependent on graduates’ current work circumstances and the exact start date can be decided once the offer of a role has been made.
Yes, you can! As long as you have proof of extenuating circumstances, such as a doctor’s note or letter from a tutor, you can forward this to the recruitment team on email@example.com. This will then go alongside your application as it is reviewed.
Yes, of course! We accept applications from candidates outside the UK, however you must list them correctly on the application form in order for the recruitment team to work out the equivalent UK grades/exams.
No. We only have UK and Northern Ireland based offices.
Our annual graduate process begins in September with assessment days and face-to-face interviews taking place in November or December for the following September’s intake. In some cases, we may be able to offer an immediate start following the assessment days depending on business needs and candidate circumstances. Occasionally, we run an off-cycle process if office requirements demand it. Make sure you keep an eye on our vacancies page for any opportunities that arise: http://www.xpsgroup.com/careers/current-vacancies/.
A number of our offices regularly offer eight-week summer internships, which can lead to a full-time graduate position. For more information, please look at the vacancies page: http://www.xpsgroup.com/careers/current-vacancies/.
Typically, our Assessment Days are in late November or early December.
- Our Assessment Days and face-to-face interviews test the relevant skills we are looking for through various individual and group exercises. It is a challenging but rewarding process, and candidates leave with a good understanding of what working for XPS would be like.
- For additional information, please look at the Application Process, Timetable and Events section of this site.
Typically, our summer internships start from the first Monday in July for eight weeks. Our graduate roles usually start in early September, although there can be some flexibility with this.
For graduate roles, our application process usually begins around the end of September for the following year’s intake. Deadline for applications is around the start of November. Applications for summer internships open in December, with a closing date around the end of February. Key dates are outlined with each specific role opening.
As well as the multi-choice drop-down questions, we have a few long answer questions that we would like you to answer in 250 words or less. We aren’t looking for a dissertation length answer!
Please note that we do not hold a sponsor licence to employ individuals from outside the European Economic Area (EEA) and Switzerland. You will therefore be required to provide proof that you are entitled to work in the UK. Further information is available at https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/right-to-work-checklist.
Unfortunately not. There is an online application form, which you will need to complete. Please check out our current live roles and apply here: https://www.xpsgroup.com/careers/current-vacancies/.