Annual Report 2022
We are a forward-looking, ambitious business. We are a leading independent pensions and administration consulting firm – the best place for people to work, and the best partner for our clients.
Adjusted diluted earnings per share2
Proposed full year dividend
Profit before tax
- Adjusted EBITDA excludes the impact of share-based payment costs, fair value adjustments of contingent consideration, and exceptional costs.
- Adjusted diluted earnings per share from continuing operations. It is based on adjusted profit after tax, which excludes the impact of amortisation of intangible assets, share-based payment costs, fair value adjustment of contingent consideration, exceptional costs, and the tax impact of these items. See note 6 in the financial statements.
- As at year end.
- Excluding lease liabilities.
- Significant new client wins including being appointed pensions advisory partner by BT Group plc
- Partnership announced with abrdn plc to launch a UK DB master trust
- Acquisition of Michael J Field Consulting Actuaries to expand our SIP business
- Investment in developing our proprietary administration platform to drive operational efficiencies in the future
- Developed our services including member analytics, GMP, trustee governance/secretarial services and risk transfer
- Winner of Actuarial Consulting Firm of the Year and Investment Consulting Firm of the Year at the Professional Pensions UK Pensions Awards 2021
- Strong client survey results with 93% of clients "satisfied" or better
- Excellent staff survey results with 95% of staff agreeing or strongly agreeing that XPS is a good place to work
- We became carbon neutral and continued to be a signatory to the Stewardship Code for our investment advice
We are a purpose-led business with strong fundamentals operating in a long-dated and growing market. We are a sustainable business that is focused on delivering value for all our stakeholders.