We have published our second stewardship report as part of their submission to the 2020 UK Stewardship Code in respect of 2021. XPS were successful in their first application to the Code in April 2021.
This report provides a comprehensive summary of our approach and key activities undertaken in the year to ensure robust stewardship on behalf of our clients.
In summary our key activities in the year were
- 199 funds rated on ESG and feedback provided to managers
- 11 new Sustainable funds to help our clients implement their investment strategies in a sustainable way
- 8 sustainability based thought leadership pieces keeping our clients and wider stakeholders up to date on key topics
- 3 webinars hosted driving the agenda on sustainability for pension schemes
- 1 firm level commitment to net carbon neutrality – which you can read more about here.
“We’re clear that effective engagement is a critical part of good investment management, and our 2021 Stewardship Code submission demonstrates our activity to ensuring our clients’ money is managed in a sustainable way, for the long term benefit of their members.”
Alex Quant, Head of ESG Research